Thursday, January 12, 2012

2 different style boat questions which to choose?

I never had a boat in my life and want to buy one now.but don't know ANYTHING about them.this guy is selling his 2002 Sea Doo Utopia for $8500 is barely used because he says he never has time to use it because of work.It looks excellent conditions to me but wanted to ask you guys before buying it.is there anything i should inspect? Are these boats good?Please help with any suggestion will apreciate.Other boat I went last week to look at besides the sea doo utopia I was telling you about at a 2000 20' Bayliner Capri cuddy lx 2052 Boat.The guy is the first owner and he says it has only been used seven times.I personally saw the boat and it looks in brand new condition in ,outside and engine which is a 4 cylinder .He is asking $8500 firm since the boat is in excellent condition.I'm new to boats so need some help.Is there any bad reviews on that boat or issues i should know about.Is the price ok? Is the engine big enough for the boat? or should I look for a bigger size engine. I think is more comfortable than the Utopia since it has a cabin for about 3 people and porta potty plus is about 2 feet bigger than the utopia.Any other suggestions? The boat has been maintained and I checked the value at NADA VALUE GUIDE and it said the average price is $6980.Please help !! I'm confused witch would be my best option, and i do not think the boats will take long before sold? Be waiting for your answers thanks!2 different style boat questions which to choose?
Before you buy ANY boat you should hire a boat surveyer, They will go thru the boat from top to bottom and check everything to make sure its what they say it is. Its very easy to cover something up or hide things. Like the engine or tranny or the outdrive could be shot and they could just over fill it with oil so it will work for awhile. Surveyers aren't very expensive, when your spending that kind of money. Hope this helped you. The kind of boat is up to what you feel better in. Take it for a long ride get the feel of both, You can't take a boat out for 20 minutes and say if thats the one for you. take a real sea trial.A few hours at least, then decide which your more at home with.

No comments:

Post a Comment