Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tire specs: 235/65/18...guys, what is the fairest priced, longest lasting, best quality...?

I have a 2006 Nissan Murano. I do some driving out in the country to look at properties, so I do need some decent tread. Additionally, I have to consider safety because my hubby is 100% disabled, unable to walk, and I need a reliable brand so I don't have to worry about being stuck somewhere.



I've looked at Discount Tires, and they have quite an inventory to choose from.

I looked also at NTW (National Tire and Battery), and they claim this size tire is for "special order", so not readily available.



Is there a good land-locked store that would carry a decent variety of tires, with good after-the-sale service?



Live in North Texas area. I put on under 1000 miles per month. I'd like the tires to last about approx. 5 years before replacing. Price, under $200 per tire would be great!



Thank you for your assistance!

060210Tire specs: 235/65/18...guys, what is the fairest priced, longest lasting, best quality...?
There are lots of tires in this size; NTW evidently doesn't want to bother.



I'm a fan of the Tire Rack, an Internet storefront that drop-ships tires to an installer in your area. (And they have feedback ratings for the installers, so if you have a choice, you can specify the better one.) In this particular size, the most expensive tire they offered was $206; most of them were in the $150 range. Figure $600 for a set of four, plus road-hazard coverage, which costs a little extra; your local installer will charge you maybe $75-100.

No comments:

Post a Comment