Thursday, January 19, 2012

Car Engline Help?

I have a 2002 Saturn L100 and I am having some problems. I went to a Valvoline Instant Oil change and got an oil change and 2 weeks later I noticed the car had a light and was running funny. Long story short I went to my mechanic and he said my engine is done, the cap wasn't put on right and oil was spilling out. My engine has a knocking sounds. Is my engine completely done or do I needs parts replaced can someone help me?Car Engline Help?
It's a shame that we trust these quick oil change places to perform maintence to our vehicles while they hire crack heads to perform the duties !! They have no education in auto-repair ! You really probably can't do much to hold them responsible becuase you drove the car for 2 weeks !! It's sad to say, but when they complete the work and you sign the work order,it says they are not responsible for any damages that occur due to the service. The shop whom completed the oil change probably does not even employ the same person that performed your oil change ! Good luck !!
If you drove it without oil in it, it would be cheaper to replace the whole engine. Sorry. No oil will mess up your lifters, pistons, and the engine all together. I would be contacting the person who done your oil change.Car Engline Help?
do U mean the oil filter was not put on right??

The fill cap is on the top of the engine but the oil filter is in line with the oil. that is the usual place where these guys scre it up. the outher place is the drain plug on the bottom of the oil pan.
the mechanic is liable ...

He forgot to put the new oil in the engine,that is why He does not install the oil cap.



the engine has been running without oil and is totaled.



get a lawyer...Car Engline Help?
probably all the oil spilled out from where the cap is suppose to be at. fill it back up with oil and see if the knocking stops, if not, then you have internal engine problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment