Sunday, January 8, 2012

Which car would you choose?

well i did a little investment. picked up aChevy c10, minimal damage, runs, 120k on it etc. got about $1300 in my pocket. If I can sell all of my gaming equipment id have $2000. now, this is gonna be my 1st car. I found online different pictures of tuners ( always been a muscle car kid, but with 9 years + of growing up watching the fast and the furious, the tuners caught my utmost attention.





now, for me too complete the truck, all parts that need to be replaced, and new paintjob, its gonna cost at least $700. now i could sell this truck for 500 right now, however on NADA guides it says if i fix it up real nice, the selling price is $8,500-$12,000. Im 95% sure im ready to start the project, so i can get the cash, but im afraid i wont get my expected amount which is $10,000.





With the 10,000, I plan to get either a 1997-99 mitsubishi eclipse, or a 2003 Tiburon both with a body kit.


If I were to get an Eclipse, id get the Blitz Body kit, cost would be around 3500 for total restoration, depending on price of car. im thinking of black with silver trim/decals.


If i were to get the Tiburon, it would be about 4,000-5,000. probably Silver with a Ground Effects body kit.


Each car would have a Spoiler to fit the style.





Im Stuck between the 2 cars, if I were to get 10k, then a mere 1500 bucks wouldnt be that big of a difference between the 2. the difference is also 6 years.





What would you guys do?





*** I worked in construction all last summer, with my father on side jobs, 16th birthday was 2 weeks ago, paying for a car all by myself, so I dont wanna hear im a spoiled brat or w.e. cause im the complete opposite.***|||I would be prefer car Ferrari|||You'll never get $10,000 for the Chevy pick up truck. Any money you spend on that truck will get absorbed, you'll never get your money back out of it.|||honestly don't bother with either. the tiburon will be a nice car but in the end its still a hyundai. there resale value drops unbelievably. you can buy one and fix it up but in no time at all the car will not be worth much. the only way i would buy an eclipse is if i could find an awd turbo. if its not turbo its just a waste of money. ive had 1 eclipse and 2 talons. the eclipse was naturally aspired= junk. you can make it look good but thats about it. you might as well be doing up a neon because that year of eclipse non-turbo has the same engine as a neon. if you can get a turbo car then you really have something to work with. this car can and will contend with muscle cars without modification. but if you tinker with the turbo setup you can create a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment