Sunday, January 8, 2012

Value of a 1988 Fiero GT? Worth it?

I was going to buy an 86 fiero GT with a ton of work done to it in great shape for about 2500, when I finally found an 88 (I've been looking for about 6-7 months). The 88 is in good shape, 130k miles, but the guy won't go lower than 3800. NADA guides value is 3000, but I know the 88s are in demand.





Should I buy the 86? Is the 88 worth it? Should I just keep my eye open for another 88?





Either car will get a few k dumped into it right off the bat on modifications.|||The big difference between the 86 and the 88 is the suspension. How much is that worth to you?


A lot of modifiers use the earlier ones, especially if they will be doing mods to the suspension.





Paul Vargyas has a more detailed price breakdown of Fiero prices and differences between the models on his web page at home.xnet.com/~paulv/index.htm





However, others have been right in that you will not find much good information from the people here (as their answers proved).


I recommend that you check out the Yahoo Fiero Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FIERO/|||Worth it to most of us, No. Most of us aren't Fiero fans either, you are. So the value is completely relative to you since you're planning on fixing one up anyway. Take your question to a Fiero forum/blog/fansite - you'd get better guidance there|||The Fiero was a terrible car.





Spend you money on something worth modifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment