Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it worth $50 to get my fuel system in my car cleaned?

My local Valvoline Instant Oil Change told me that I should get their "3-point" cleaning which is all three treatments you see here: http://www.vioc.com/pages/services/svc_f鈥?/a> . I saw a car getting it done and it was putting out thick white smoke, which the guy told me was all the crud getting cleaned up.



Is it worth $50? Does it really improve horsepower and gas mileage? I'm currently driving a 1997 Ford Ranger that usually gets 20-21 miles per gallon.Is it worth $50 to get my fuel system in my car cleaned?
They told me the same thing... they just want the extra cash. If you really want a cheap way of getting this done. Buy a fuel additive cleaner. Do your research first before you put it in your car. I did for my old 90 corsica and it helped a little.
The guy was full of it. The white smoke was the stuff they were pouring in. Carbon burning off would look black if anything. It might help a tiny bit, but 20 - 21 is OK for a Ranger.Is it worth $50 to get my fuel system in my car cleaned?
Yes it is well worth having it done, over time your engine valves will develop carbon deposits, a can of additive in the fuel will help keep them clean, however it will not fully clean the valves. Its like spring cleaning for your engine. Then once it is done add the can of fuel injector cleaner such as STP to your gas tank everyother fill up.
I had a Pontiac that I put fuel injector cleaner in every 6 months it did the same thing for 5 bucks instead of 50Is it worth $50 to get my fuel system in my car cleaned?
It won't hurt.
Only if you're having problems with the fuel injectors now.
most of these places try to up sale best to ask a dealer
  • acura tsx
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment