Thursday, January 19, 2012

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge with a 3.0 V6 and a little over 90,000 miles on it (please read details)?

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge with a little over 90,000 miles on it and it has the 3.0 engine. Just recently, like 2 weeks ago, It wouldn't start up the first time. I had to crank the engine over twice. When the truck has been sitting over 24 hours, you have to turn the engine over 5 times before it'll start.Could the fuel pump be going out, or would it be something electronic? I took it to The Valvoline instant oil change place to get the fuel filter changed thinking that was the problem and I told the guy what it was doing then he told me it probably wasn't my fuel filter and sent me away. Can any help me out here?I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge with a 3.0 V6 and a little over 90,000 miles on it (please read details)?
sounds like the fuel pump is failing..have a fuel pressure test done...i bet your fuel pressure is off and likely bleeding downI have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge with a 3.0 V6 and a little over 90,000 miles on it (please read details)?
The people at valvoline are only paid a small amount, therefore they only have a small amount of knowledge. Your fuel filter is a likley cause of the problem, i would also have the fuel pressure checked, and the fuel regulator, if changing the fuel filter does not work. Another thought would be the fuel filter sock on the end if the fuel pump.I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge with a 3.0 V6 and a little over 90,000 miles on it (please read details)?
You would need to bring it to a mechanic shop that deals in driveability in my opinion on this one... There is a possibilty you are loosing the "prime" the fuel pump has to help in quick starts... (If you can't turn it over after cranking it one time.. try cycling the switch a couple of times and then trying.. if it starts then, it may be the fuel pump.



Also things to look for is the theft light on when cranking (Light flashing) and a mechanic shop would need to see if there are any codes (such as a cam posiiton sensor reading out) that can cause concern.



Usually on these however, if you normally run the tank toward the E, I'd more likely agree and say pump or the regulator that is part of the pump.
it could be the alternator. Go to auto zone and it checked out for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment