Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why don't people like Walmart?

I took my car to a Valvoline Instant Oil Change in December. They screwed up and cross threaded my filter and the Walmart tech's discovered. Valvoline refused to accept responsibility even though I had proper documentation to prove as well as the filter which appeared to have been forced. I told my local manager of Walmart about the predicament and he said to bring in a reciept for the part and he would handle it. I purchase a lot from Walmart and they are very easy to work with and have never had a bad experience, yet everyone talks about evil Walmart.Why don't people like Walmart?
Walmart has not become wildly successful because people don't like it. Think about it.
If Walmart will steal from a brain damaged women they will steal from you.

Walmart gets money anyway they can. Walmart Pays For Brain Damaged Employee's Medical Bills, Then Sues For The Money Back



A Walmart employee was hit by a semi, leaving her permanently brain-damaged and in a wheelchair. Walmart paid for her medical fees and her family successfully sued the trucking company. Now Walmart wants all the money she got from the trucking company.



http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2256176/710…

http://consumerist.com/consumer/retail/w…Why don't people like Walmart?
They charge low prices by being notoriously bad in caring for their employees in wages and benefits. Just look at any of the mass action lawsuits that were filed against them.
I don't understand why everyone picks on Walmart There are many companies out there that are " evil " that you don't hear about it in the papers .lWhy don't people like Walmart?
They propogate sweat shops and screw mom and pop local businesses out of existence.
Walmart gears for its customer base to be just above the poverty line, while target aims about $20k per year higher. This comes out to cleaner stores and better customer service. Don't believe me? Look on wikipedia.



Secondly, Walmart causes a blight in any neighborhood because all the small businesses that compete with it get driven out by cut-rate prices. But it's not just that - those small business folks eat lunch, get their laundry done, bank, rent videos, visit doctors and dentists right near their businesses.. so when the first tier of businesses dry up, it hurts all the other ones!!!!



Fooey on walmart.
It is easy to demonize Wal Mart because they offer low prices and questionable service. They do not give very good employee benefits, if any, but then the mom and pop operations usually give about the same wages and benefits. Besides where does it say that employers must give benefits? They do it to get employees. Also Wal Mart is very good about hiring people who would not get a job any place else, retirees, handicapped, mentally challenged, etc.



What about the fact that Wal Mart saves their customers money? WM allows many people to have more products because of theri low price. I buy many of my every day stuff at Wal Mart because they are close and have lower prices than the grocery stores. For high end stuff, like electronics and clothes other than work clothes I go to higher end stores for quality and servce.
I've often wondered about the hypocricy myself.......so true, so true. Oh, and don't forget the union workers or their wives who shop at Wal-Mart even though they are told not to....yeah, I'd rather work for a union who tells me where I can shop, when I can sh** and charge me every week to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment