Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hello! I wanted to know the difference between the noise of a bad wheel bearing and bad brakes.?

I recently went to National tire and battery to get an oil change, also to have them do a general inspeciton since its free. so they did it and they told me that my whole braking system is bad, the calipers, brake pad, and rotors, so basically the whole system. anyway i knew that there was something going on especially with the driver side wheel because i hear a whurring noise when i accelerate, I guess you would describe it as so. when i push down on my brakes they do float so i know that the brakes need to be done, also they said that my side the caliper is broken and fused so i want to know if that could cause that whurring noise or could it be the wheel bearing?Hello! I wanted to know the difference between the noise of a bad wheel bearing and bad brakes.?
the best way to diagnose a wheel bearing when changing lanes or going around a turn such as a jug handle. if the pitch changes or the sound goes away when you do that its a bearing. what your doing is putting or taking the weight of the car on and off the bearing. if the noise never changes its prob not a bearing. also if you jack up the car and grab the tire at the top and bottom, there should be no play. if it moves. its a bearing.
A humming sound will appear on drive mean the bearing, and can be crosscheck by turn and shake the wheel while it's on jack. For brake, most caliper probelm is a broken seal and rusted piston, piston can be cleaned and seal can be replace by the caliper kit. The rest won't need to replace by damage if normal driving is on most time. For the noise been heard, try to clean the pad that may dirty by pad dust. Resurface the pad and disc may needed if both not flat by hard braking on most time.Hello! I wanted to know the difference between the noise of a bad wheel bearing and bad brakes.?
You need to run from those folks. They are gyp artists and they really got your number. Go to an honest shop. The "free" inspection isn't really free, is it? They will be happy to take your money for a whole new brake system that you don't need if the problem is a noisy wheel bearing. The caliper is not broken and fused. Bet on that. Those are some scary expressions, aren't they? You didn't bring the car in on a tow truck, which you would have with all the things wrong they say.



I had a shop like that tell me I needed a new battery. I bought tires and wheel alignment that I knew I needed because that's all I went there for, but not a battery. They did loosen one battery cable so it would be troublesome later on when the weather turned. I cleaned and tightened the cable. I know how much to trust shops telling me my non problem is going to be a failure.
screeeeechHello! I wanted to know the difference between the noise of a bad wheel bearing and bad brakes.?
it could be the wheel bearing or a caliper can do it if it,s not releasing the pads away from the rotor. usually with a caliper you should only hear it when you hit the brake. i would say the wheel bearing.
Wheel bearings will usually make noise anytime the car is moving, sometimes even more when turning. Brakes typically make noise when you apply the brakes. I would get a second opinion from a different mechanic. Some of these places just want to replace everything when only some of the components are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment