Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where should I take my car to fix an oil leak?

My 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara has a pretty bad oil leaking problem. I am not sure what part it is leaking from but I know it needs to be fixed. My father told me a long time ago, when a part on your car breaks, take it to a shop that specializes in fixing that problem. For example, if your condenser in your car breaks take it to a shop that specializes in fixing A/C problems... etc. I have no idea where to take my car to for the oil leaking problem. I know the guys at the body shop would give me cheaper labor because I have used them before, and I trust the guys at National Tire and Battery but that would be silly of me to take it to a collision place or a tire place to fix an oil leak problem...



So where should I take it?Where should I take my car to fix an oil leak?
Most of the time an oil leak happens when the oil filter or the drain plug become loose so just a simple tightening would do the trick. If you already know the guys in National then take your car to them as they also do oil and filter change ( most of the time they do discounted offers on oil change) they will be able to tell where the leak is coming from.

If it's a more sinister situation like a porous sump or gasket leak then you'll have to take the car to a proper garage.
A repair shop that specializes in imports- Japanese. DO NOT GO TO THE DEALER!! As for the leak it could be the sump gasket or the drain plug. I have a hunch its the sump gasket.Where should I take my car to fix an oil leak?
Look into Checkbook Magazine on general auto repair shops in you area. Their ratings are only from customers that have used these shops and are based on bad and good reports.
first find out where the oil is leaking from.. place news paper under he engine to see what area the oil is coming from.. then you can repair it yourself or ask again ok..Where should I take my car to fix an oil leak?
repair shop

No comments:

Post a Comment