Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is covering everything forward of the front doors with transmission fluid normal on a transmisson power flush?

Cause the valvoline instant oil change place up the street from me told me it was!!! I swore I would never go back,(even though the its cheaper to go there than to change the oil myself) after the guy told me I didn't care about my truck for not changing the air filter! (I don't get discounts on air filters so its cheaper to do it myself). Unfortunately I don't have a transmission flusher, so I took it up there!!



What struck me as odd, was after the smoke cleared from the transmission fluid on the exhaust manifold then getting the "did he see that" look from the dude under the hood, the girl that worked there looked at me confused like and said "oh, thats pretty normal"!!!! It may be a normal occurrance for them!! Is that the norm when you have gotten your transmission flushed??Is covering everything forward of the front doors with transmission fluid normal on a transmisson power flush?
That is definatly not normal. Poor workmanship. I would complain on that issue and have them clean it up. Sounds like they let a line get away from them and sprayed oil all over the place. I have done the same thing before but never let a customer pick up their vehicle in that condition. They should have cleaned the mess and told you about the situation and told you if you have any problems to be sure and bring it back for corrections. There is nothing wrong with making a mistake but trying to cover it up with "that's normal" is not very good business tactics. You are welcome to print and show them this and they are welcome to email me .... :) Been doing this for 40 years and my own business for 25
Like wise old sage says, it's far from normal! Don't go there again, they're a load of monkeys, and liars too. I'd insist on them cleaning the truck, except they'll probably make a mess of that too!Is covering everything forward of the front doors with transmission fluid normal on a transmisson power flush?
No way that sounds like some sloppy work to me. I took 3 year of auto mechanics in high school, so I could work on my own car. Sounds like they need bigger and better splash guards. Or new mechanics.
proper procedure is to remove and drain the pan from the transmission, change the filter, and clean the pan and replace the pan. then the flushing machine is hooked up to the transmission cooling lines and the flush is begun, checking to make sure the lines are the right way around, the transmision is filled with fluid, which is then circulated through filters to clean it out. while the vehicle is running when it is clean, the trans is emptied and refilled with clean fluid, it takes about 20 litres. the lines are reconected to the cooler and the job is done. if there was fluid all over then either a line came undone or they forgot to hook it up and sprayed your engine compartment, at the very least they should have shampooed the engine compartment and cleaned up the messIs covering everything forward of the front doors with transmission fluid normal on a transmisson power flush?
Normal trans maintenance is to clean the pan,replace the filter %26amp; fill'er with fluid. Never, never flush the transmission !
Definately Heck NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those guys are idiots that is not normal!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment