Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why is my car so loud?

When idling its perfectly silent. The loud sound comes in under acceleration of any type. Its a normal engine sound, but just augmented greatly. It usually kicks in around 3000rpm, but then fades out when I accelerate harder, and comes back in again around 5-6000 rpm. When the car is in park, and I rev it, no noise, perfectly silent. Its a CVT engine, and while its usually pretty loud, this is extreme. I was able to recreate the noise by putting the parking break on and shifting into drive and reving the engine. Its not a knocking, or pinging noise, the CVT usually has a constant small, barely noticable ticking sound that has been there since day one. The noise all started after I left a valvoline instant oil change, i returned to the hack shop after I realized they put in 5w-30 instead of 5w-20. Even with the correct oil the sound remains. The car drives completely fine, just a bit loud. Its border line bad *** sounding, and obnoxiously loud.Why is my car so loud?
your muffler could be replased or you could be pushing the moter too hard with i dont think soWhy is my car so loud?
replace the muffler.

the muffler may have broke causing it to make noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment